Grapefruit to Grape, Final Thoughts and a First Impressions:

5.11.13



Within the past few days I've come to the end of my usual daily face scrub and started using a new face wash. As the first was the Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit Daily Scrub and the second was Garnier Fresh Essentials Refreshing Daily Wash with Grape Extract, I thought it would be a good idea to write up my overall impressions of one and first impressions of the other.

Neutrogena Visibly Clear:
One of my absolute favourite things about this product is it's amazing smell. Pink grapefruit is my all time favourite fruit and the smell of the product is really true to the fruit, so it smells really fresh and clean and is perfect to help wake you up in the morning.
It also has a very gritty texture so it's good for getting rid of dry skin patches and any dead skin cells, I would always feel squeaky clean after a good scrub with this.
I always use my face washes with a flannel for a little extra abrasion and so I really know that I'm getting deep into my skin and giving it a good cleanse.
As for cleansing and removing blackheads, which is what the product claims to do, I have to say that I did notice quite a bug difference in my skin in particular the blackheads that can tend to pop up on the nose and cheek area.
So, all in all it's a huge thumbs up from me and I would 100% recommend this to anyone with a similar skin type to me (mildly oily to combination) and would almost definitely purchase again in the future depending on whether or not some other products get in the way beforehand.

Garnier Fresh Essentials:
As with the grapefruit scrub, the first thing that drew me to this product was the amazing smell. It actually smells of grapes! Really fresh and clean just what you want from a daily wash. Whereas previously I was using a scrub this is just a clear gel wash, which I think is better for me personally at this time of year as my skin is much less oily now it's getting colder, it's usually sunny and hot weather that breaks my skin out into it's oily phases. So this is going to be much more gentle on my skin than a scrub which is something that I've noticed already from early uses.
I do get some abrasion with it however, as I do use a flannel with my daily washes as I've said before. I find that this provides just the right mix of gentle cleansing and scrubbing.
This wash creates much more of a foamy lather than the Neutrogena scrub, which again for me is better in these winter months, but it's all about personal preference and skin types when it comes to choosing skincare.
Overall, despite the fact I've currently only used this wash once or twice, so far I'm really enjoying using it its amazing at removing makeup, so who knows it could be being added to my shopping list again in the coming months.
That's all for now, If you would like a more in depth review of the Garnier face wash after I've used it a little more then please do let me know in the comments. As always I hope you all enjoyed this post, and I'll see you all next time!
xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment