Warm Brown Smoky Eye (Using the Naked Palette):

8.4.14


I think the trick to any smoky eye look is to start small and with light colours then slowly but surely layer up and add depth. It will do you no good just slapping on loads of dark eyeshadow and hoping for the best. In this case I used al colours from the Naked palette because hopefully a good number of you will be able to follow along with it. 

I started with Sidecar all over the lid to the crease line and put on a good few layers until I was happy with the colour. Next I used Smog on the outer half blending very slightly farther out and higher up than before. I then did the same with Darkhorse but making sure I left enough room for each individual colour to be seen. As you go make sure to blend each colour into the next to make the colours look like they naturally graduate into each other. I also pulled Darkhorse down onto the lower lash line. Lastly I took a tiny bit of Creep on a really tiny eyeshadow brush and used it to add a little depth to the upper and lower lash line but very gently because I didn't want it to be noticable. When it comes to smoky eyes (and most eyeshadow looks for that matter) it really adds to the intensity of the look to repeat steps and keep going over things until you're happy with how it looks. To highlight I used Sin on the brow bone and in the inner corners of the eye.

As for the rest of the face I kept the warm theme going using a dewy light coverage foundation, bronzer, warm toned blushers and highlighting and a warm lipstick with a brown undertone.

I hope you enjoyed this post and it helped you out a little. I'd love to know in the comments if it did. I'm also thinking of doing more of a Classic smoky eye look so let me know if you'd like that.
xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment