Current Book Wishlist:

17.7.14

If you know me well then you'll know that curling up with a cup of tea and a book (as stereotypically British as that is) makes me a very happy girl indeed. I've actually had to put myself on a book buying ban because I've bought so many books that I've hardly read most of them because I can't keep up with myself. None the less, I still have a huge wishlist and I thought some of you may be interested. I've also done a post on my favourite "Chick-lit" books too.


The first is actually a set of books, Uglies, Pretties, Specials and Extras by Scott Westerfield, I've heard that if you like The Hunger Games then you'll like these books, and I more than like The Hunger Games, so I definitely want to give these a read. The novels were actually brought out before The Hunger Games trilogy but that was when I was much younger and still perfectly happy with my Jacqueline Wilson and nothing else, but now I've grown and my tastes have changed. I'll admit I know next to nothing about the stories, but it comes highly recommended.


This is another of my obsessions shining through, I'm in love with the show Wicked and as soon as I found out it had been based on a book I knew I just had to read it! If you don't know what it's about then, basically Gregory Maguire is telling the story of how the Wicked Witch of the West from The Wizard of Oz became "Wicked". I won't say anything about the story so as not to ruin anything for you but it's an amazing musical and so hopefully and amazing book too. I'm not even that big a fan of The Wizard of Oz as it is yet I love Wicked so don't let that put you off.


 Can you tell I'm a musical fan? If you follow me on Twitter then you'll know that all I do is tweet about wanting to see Les Mis on stage, I have both the movie and the 25th Anniversary edition on DVD and I also really want to read the book. I know it's crazily thick and I'll probably have to read something happy and funny afterwards to recover but I'm still really interested to see how they made a musical out of a book and see what the original story was.


I must have picked this book up in Waterstones but then put it down again soon afterwards, convincing myself I really don't need another book about a million times. Now though, I just think if I've picked it up so many times and wanted it for so long I really should get it. It's about a man who dies and meets 5 people when he gets to heaven who explain to him how he's reached their lives in one way or another. I think it sounds like a really nice book, the kind that you read and feel relaxed. I may well be wrong having not read it but there's only one way to find out.


 A Casual Vacancy, quite simply because I'm curious. What did J.K do after Harry Potter? I'm not sure whether I'll like this book or not because I'm worried all I'll be able to think is this isn't Harry Potter! Hopefully, J.K.Rowling will be talented enough to make me forget about that as I read and just focus on the story at hand. 


That's all for this wishlist (or at least I thought I'd keep it at five because if I wrote about all the books I wanted we'd be here all day). What about you? Do you have any recommendations for me? If you do please leave them in the comments I'm always looking for new books because they're one of my many obsessions. See you next Saturday!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment