Monthly Favourites: January 2014

7.2.14


I know this gets said by every blogger and youtuber at the beginning of every single monthly favourites, but where oh where has the month gone? I still can't get over how quickly Christmas came and went and here we are in February. However on to the point, I know I don't do these posts every month but that's because I'm a but of a creature of habit and tend to stick with a product until it is completely used up so I very rarely have new products that I use each and every month. On to the point though as last month came after Christmas I had plenty of products that I've been loving and so I thought it was high time I made a monthly favourites.


I'll start with the least glamorous of the bunch and that's deodorant. Lacura is an Aldi based brand and some of you may be thinking oh dear not a supermarket brand but I'm sure the rest of you who have used Lacura products will know what I mean when I say you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between it and regular beauty products if you didn't know. This is the Aloe Fresh roll on deodorant, and after the Sure product from an old empties post which stopped working about half way through it was nice to have such a fresh clean feeling product that actually worked. I would say I recommend it because it did it's job but I would be lying because I won't be buying it again as it has stained a ridiculous amount of my tops with those horrible white marks that so many deodorants do.


The M.A.C 235 is hands down one of the best brushes I have ever used. My first impressions of it were oh dear it's bigger than my eye I'm really going to struggle to use it, whereas in actuality I find it the perfect shape and size for highlighting under my brow bone and in the inner corners of my eye. It's made it a two second job to do both eyes since I started using it, and I have no intentions of stopping for a time.


The Body Shop Beautifying Oil in Olive is next. As much as I still cam't get over the fact I could have bought any other scent than olive (because even though I do like the smell I struggle to get past the fact it really does feel like I'm using olive cooking oil on my skin) I do absolutely love it. I've used it in a really thick layer along the ends of my hair a few hours before a shower to really soak in as much moisture as possible before a wash and also in my cuticles before and after painting my nails to make them look better. I feel like it has made a difference but I can't quite tell if that's a placebo effect or not so I think a little linger using it should make things more clear.


Another M.A.C brush now, this one the 266. Ever since I started using his I have loved the way it makes my eyebrows look. As someone who used to just quickly run a brown eyebrow pencil through my brows using a powder and a precise brush has made a huge difference for me, I think my eyebrows look far more natural and real when I use this brush along with a powder.


Liz Earle's Instant Boost Skin Tonic Spritzer is a big love of mine for before bedtime. It smells so nice and relaxing as well as soothing my skin, which always helps send me off to bed well. I plan on doing a full review of this at some point so I won't go into too much detail but I will say I'm sad the bottle isn't any bigger because I don't want to run out! 


Last but not least is a non-beauty favourite, it's the lovely Michael Buble's album to be loved. I just had to include it because I have to have listened to this album from start to end at least 50 times and I love his voice in every single song. 

That's all for another post, I hope you enjoyed it and I hope to see you again soon. Also do you like a little non-beauty favourite every now and again or would you prefer these posts to be strictly beauty related? Let me know in the comments.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment