My Skincare Routine:

20.2.14


This has been a really highly requested post from my friends, because they all say I have perfect skin when I come into college with no make up on. Just before I get started I should tell you that I have combination skin which can change from horribly oily to terribly dry within a matter of days. I use these products to try and balance my skin out as much as possible and at the moment I'm pretty happy with this routine apart from the fact I'd like to get a lighter moisturiser to use in the daytime, so any suggestions in the comment section would be very much appreciated.


The first thing I do every morning is wash my face using Garnier Fresh Essentials Refreshing Gel Wash with Grape Extract. I usually use this with a flannel, because I find it exfoliates my face and gets the blood going through my skin which is perfect for an early morning because it wakes up the skin. I've done a review of this facewash already so I won't say too much about it here other than the fact the smell of grapes is really refreshing in the morning. 


At the end of the day I use my trusty Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish, I love this so much it smells amazing, removes every scrap of make up and makes my skin so nice and soft to the point that whenever I use this around other people I stand there telling them to touch my face. I hugely recommend treating yourself to this next time you're in Boots.


This spray on Instant Boost Skin Tonic Spritzer after this, except I use it on a cotton pad to make sure it really sinks into the skin and removes every last scrap of make up. I can't quite put my finger on the smell of this but it's nice and relaxing and really calms me down before bed. I've got a full review planned for this so I wont say too much about it just now though.


As a moisturiser I've been using this huge bottle of Vaseline Essential Moisture. Like I said before this is very thick so you literally only need a tiny dot for your entire face. This is perfect at nighttime because it creates a really nice layer of moisturiser over your face which lasts until the morning.


Once a week I use this St. Ives Apricot Invigorating Scrub. I use the Invigorating version because my skin can tend to look quite dull and dead so I use this to wake my face up and remove all the  dead skin cells, bringing some brightness back into my face. Any scrub with apricot in it is going to be really good for your skin as it has well known properties in it that remove skin cells.


Also for scrubbing, but in this case for my lips. I always use the Mint Julips lips scrub from Lush, first of all the smell and taste of this has to be addressed! It smells and tastes exactly like the gooey insides of After Eight Mints, as well as that it works nicely too it gets nice and deep into my lips and always makes me feel nice and clean.


Over the top of this I'll use the first lip balm to hand, at the moment I've really been loving this Born Lippy balm in Strawberry from the Body Shop. It smells like strawberry sweets and leaves a nice red tint on my lips. It's also a good quality too making sure my lips are nice and soft.


This next product is supposed to be for lips but I use it on my eyelashes around a bout once a month. It conditions them so well and I've found that it's really helped them grow and stay nice and soft when I find mascara damages them.


I make sure I use a face mask minimum once a month. I have a tea tree one from the Body Shop. I find the tree products work really well with all skin types but in particular if I ever have a break out or have quite greasy skin then this makes a huge difference. It makes my skin nice and soft too and really makes me feel clean because it makes my skin tingly and cool.

That's all for another post I hope you enjoyed it and I'll see you all next time.
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment