Monthly Favourites October 2014:

1.11.14


I'll admit that October hasn't really been a very make up based month. It's mainly been based around being sat in a face mask and pyjama bottoms watching other people's make up tutorials. With that in mind my first favourite is the Soap & Glory No Clogs Allowed face mask. This is a really interesting mask because it heats up on your face and you can feel it getting all the dirt out but when you wash it off your face is left feeling so cool almost to the point of cold. But I actually really like it because the combination of the two leaves me feeling a nice mixture of relaxed and awake. I've also found it's been really helping with the troublesome spots I've been having lately. 

My second favourite is a Nourishing Hand Cream from Sephora, this has a full review coming up soon so I won't go into crazy amounts of detail but I will say that it works a complete and utter treat! Since starting my job around the beginning of the month pretty much all the work I do involves constantly using my hands leaving them feeling really sore and dry. One use of this however, and it's like I haven't even been to work! I also find that it sinks in quickly too.

Sticking with the hand theme, LUSH's Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter is another favourite of mine this month. I know it has featured before, here, but it truly deserves another mention. I've been using it non stop but I'm still near the top of the tub because you need the smallest amount to cover all ten cuticles. As I've said before the smell is amazing and it gives your cuticles a nice treat because it's such an oil product. Although this does mean that it doesn't sink in very fast at all. 

Last but not least in the beauty side of things is the Garnier Micellar Water. It claims to be able to remove make up, cleanse and soothe all in one step with no rinsing needed. I have to say I very rarely use it for taking off make up, although when I have done it doesn't do a bad job. I mainly use this as a cleanse on those days I haven't wore any make up just to keep my skin clean and it certainly does a great job at that! It really does soothe my skin too. I'd really recommend this to anyone who wants something quick, cheap and easy.

As for non beauty things, I've really been enjoying tea and hot chocolate lately, as a non coffee drinker I find that it's a nice thing to take with me into lectures, although I dread to think about how much I've spent on Costa's and Starbucks since I started University!

Some Blogger's and Vloggers I wanted to mention are ViviannaDoesMakeup, SprinkleofGlitter and In The Frow.  You guys should know by now how much I love Anna, both her blog and Youtube channel are among my most visited pages, she puts so much hard work she puts into them both and it really shows. I also love her weekly vlogs. As for Louise from SprinkleofGlitter, I've been a "Sprinklerino" for years now and have never stopped loving her, her personality and her little family. She's another woman I could watch both beauty reviews and funny family vlogs on. She's also raised some serious issues in the past too, making videos on Self-Harm and Youtube Culture. Last but not least is Victoria from In The Frow, I've only been watching and reading for a few weeks (slap on the wrist!) but I had to include her in this months favourites simply because her videos are already favourites to watch, and I think that shows a good youtuber! 

xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment